cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about using two cf cards of a different speed in one camcorder

FilipB1
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I’m really sorry if this question is silly, but is it safe to use two cf cards which have different transfer speeds in one camcorder? For instance, let's say I have XF100 with two cf cards inside - one has 800x speed (120mb/s) second one has 1066x speed (160mb/s) - can the fact that this two cards are different lead to any potential problems with the footage or cause any other issues?

Once more, I'm very sorry if this question is completely silly - I'm a beginner and I was not able to find a good answer in google 🙂 also sorry for any mistakes - English is not my first language.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I don't think it would be an issue, though not recommended.  I like things to match.  But, as long as each card meets the specifications for the camera, then it really shouldn't matter or be an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the answer!

I will actually change mine shopping plans and buy a card with a similar speed. If you don't mind I have a second question - what about using cf cards from two different manufacturers? I might end up using a Lexar card along with a SanDisk card (both 120mb/s), can this be a source of problems? 

Announcements