cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Sound??

WorldBuilder
Contributor

Hi all,

I have had a Canon G30 for a few years.  I also have the DM-100 shotgun mic.  I don't haul this thing out often, only to record gymnastics meets during the season.  Most of the time, the camcorder just sits.  Anyway, first meet is tomorrow so I pulled it out.  Everything is working as it always has, except one thing.  I am getting no sound with the DM-100 attached.  When I play back the videos, there is NO sound at all.

HUH?

I updated the firmware a few months back, but other than that, I can't think of anything that's changed.  I have NO idea how to diagnose this, but I'm sure it's something silly I pressed and not an actual problem.  Can I get some help, please?

Thanks!

CB

5 REPLIES 5

WorldBuilder
Contributor
Oh, and BTW... When the DM-100 is NOT attached, I still record no audio. Gotta be a setting I have wrong...?

Hello:

Did you resolve your issue. I've the same issue with my Canon Vixia HF G30. No sound while playing the video either on the camcorder or after downloading the video. Please help resolving the issue. Thanks a lot!

Raj.

BTW...I'm not hearing audio playback on the camcorder and also not hearing the audio when I play the video on my PC?

Hello,

Yes, I did resolve my issue. Sorta... I noticed I had it set (probably for years) at 17MBps in the Recording Mode. Forgive me as I don't have the camcorder in front of me right now, so I am going off the top of my head, but upon noticing that, I changed it to something along the lines of 28 MBps PCM. After realizing the loss of audio, I played with the settings more and when I changed it to 24 MBps, I got audio again.

I'm noticing the documentation isn't particularly good for this device. I can't claim to know the difference between many of these settings and the manual is little help. For me, I just want the best quality video I can get. Overall, it does well, though.

Thank you!

Announcements