cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New XA15 won't record video

Joncar84
Apprentice

Hey everyone. I'm new to videography and I'm hoping my issue is just a result of that but I have a new xa15 that was delivered yesterday. I tried a couple SD cards, one of which was a name brand, that I initialized in the camera. When I try to record video all it says is "no scenes" and a black screen.  The photo function works fine.  I've also messed with all the options and settings and nothings working.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds lke you got the battery charged and the camera set up properly, card installed formatted in the camera etc.  Takes photos.

What happens when you press the record button?

Is the camera not recording or are you not able to playback "no scenes"?

Try resetting the camera, on the off chance you inadvertently changed something you shouldn't have. 

Next step, call Canon.  You'll get the help you need and can quickly determine if the problem is you or the camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Are you recording in MP4 or AVCHD because they have separate 'Index Screens' when you go into MEDIA ? Maybe you are selecting the wrong 'Index Screen' ?

See XA11/15 Instruction Manual - page 94 - under 'Playing Back Video'.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements