cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new Vixia HF r600 won'y download on to my macbook pro. Any advice out here?

ddinpsl
Apprentice

My new Vixia HF r600 won'y download on to my macbook pro. Any advice out here? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, ddinpsl!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the quick reply, Danny!

MacBook Pro

OS 10.6.8

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

VideoGeek
Mentor

Is there a problem with connecting the R600 to the Macbook or is it something else?  If connect via the USB cable does the camcorder show up as an external storage device in Finder?  Will the Macbook recognize the SD card?  If yes, have you tried retrieving the video files directly from the SD card?

starrynight
Apprentice

I do not know if this will help as I have a PC and not a Mac...

I had a problem trying to figure out how to get my PC to recognize the camcorder. I tried multiple things with no luck.

Finally I hit the physical PLAY button on the camcorder while it was connected. It was then recognized and gave me the folder options.

As a first time camcorder owner, hitting PLAY on the device to be able to view the files on the computer did not seem intuitive to me. However, now that I know, I connect, hit PLAY and it works every time.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements