cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My galaxy s8 won't work with the canon app for vixia hf r62

kristanrene
Contributor
I'm super sad and confused as my very popular phone, verizon samsung s8, is coming up as incompatible in the canon vixia camcorder wi fi app. What is the work around?
7 REPLIES 7

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kristanrene,

Thanks for posting.

Which version of Android do you have on your phone?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kristanrene
Contributor
Galaxy s8

kristanrene
Contributor
Sorry it says android 8.0.0 and kernel

Tim
Authority

Kristanrene, 

The VIXIA HF R62 is not listed as a compatible model.  This is the reason you are having difficulty, as only the VIXIA HF R82 and VIXIA HF R80 are listed as being compatible. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The response about the HF R80 being compatible is a crock.  I have that model, a 'supported' version of Android, and it does not work.  I'm a techy, I know how to read manuals, and when I tried to get help from Canon, all they did was cut/paste the manual instructions that DO NOT WORK and send them to me.  Useless product, useless support.

kristanrene
Contributor
Is there a different app i need

As far as I can tell, there is NO alternative to the Camera Connect, so I now have a camcorder, a NEW camcorder, without ANY remote capabilities.   

Announcements