cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon XA20 suddenly won't stay on. Whether I plug it in to the DC charger or put the battery on

CATHYBERNATT
Apprentice

I was at a wedding rehearsal setting up the camera and lights and everything was fine. I was using the battery to work with the camera. Brought it home and plugged it in and it wouldn't stay on. Changed to battery and same problem. It would turn on and make the sound and then turn off. 

No idea what is wrong but shooting the wedding tomorrow. Any suggestions? 

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hello CATHYBERNATT!

Welcome to the Canon Community.

Typically when this happens, the battery is exhausted and needs to be recharged.  However, if you have recharged the battery, even tried another charged battery and the same thing happens, the camcorder will need to be serviced.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I brought the camera to Pro Photo in Portland, Oregon and after checking it as they could in the store, they said it needs to be serviced so we did the paper work to send it in for repair. I had to shoot a wedding that day, it was a Saturday and their rental company was closed. But they ended up renting me their Demo XA20 and helped me put in all the settings I needed. I really want to give Pro Photo a huge thank you for saving the day and being so wonderful! Haven't yet heard back about my camera yet but hope to soon. 

Thanks for your reply back!

Most sincerely,

Cathy

Announcements