cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music causing vibratins on Vixia HF G60

cadcoke5
Apprentice

I am operating a Vixia HF G60 camera for my church's live streaming. But, the music is causing some vibrations that show up on the video.

The camera is on a tripod, that is sitting on a wood base, approx 4'x4' x 3' high. The operator stands on an adjacent wood base. There is a sandbag on the tripod. We have tried the standard image stablixation, both on and off, but without any benefit.  I've also tried putting foam under the tripod feet, without benefit.

Any other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

It's usually low frequences that cause this problem. That wooden base, which I assume is a raised box, is providing a perfect bass resonator. You have two options. stuff  the base with dampaning material, or totally isolate the tripod from the box. You could try using a sandbag under each leg of the tripod to see if they provide enough isolation. If the low frquencies are airbourne there is not a lot you can do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

cadcoke5
Apprentice
This morning I tried adding more foam. But then when we pan the camera, it rebounds a bit when you release the handle.

I am puzzled why the image stabilization didn't solve the problem. I imagine it is because it is designed to fix issues with hand-held camera usage, which is probably at a lower frequency.

@cadcoke5 wrote:
This morning I tried adding more foam. But then when we pan the camera, it rebounds a bit when you release the handle.

Try using sand-bags instead of foam under the tripod feet, as IamintheUK suggested.

@cadcoke5 wrote:
I am puzzled why the image stabilization didn't solve the problem. I imagine it is because it is designed to fix issues with hand-held camera usage, which is probably at a lower frequency.

Having image stabilization turned on may actually be counter-productive. Low freqency vibrations transmitted through the tripod legs may be interpreted by the camcorder as 'shake' which the image stabilization tries to compensate for unsuccessfully, causing wobble. It's one reason why turning off image stabilization is recommended when mounting on a tripod. See page 53 in the User Manual.

So try turning image stabilization off, with sand-bags under the tripod feet,  

Announcements