cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone question

rockh12000
Contributor

I have Vixia RF52 that is used to record my church services. The internal (VERY sensitve!) mic picks up coughs, sqweaky chairs, and everthing else. What I need to know is if I plug our sound system into the camers, will the internal mic be disabled? If not can it be disabled? I looked in the manual and could not find the answer to either of these questions.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I looked in the manual as well and saw nothing that specifically stated that the internal microphone is turned off.  However, if it functions like other Canon camcorders with an external microphone port it should automatically turn off the internal mic.  I have a Canon VIXIA HF G20 and when I connect an external mic the internal mic is automatically turned off.  The best way to find out for sure is to try it and see what happens.  I believe, based on prior experience with camcorders using external mics, that the internal mic will automatically be turned off.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the reply. I had experiened a senior moment when I composed my first question. This morning before I received your reply, I thought of tapping on the top of the camera to see if the internal mic picked it up. It didn't, so I can move forward.

Again thanl you so much

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rockh12000
Contributor
Camera type should be VIXIA HF R52

I looked in the manual as well and saw nothing that specifically stated that the internal microphone is turned off.  However, if it functions like other Canon camcorders with an external microphone port it should automatically turn off the internal mic.  I have a Canon VIXIA HF G20 and when I connect an external mic the internal mic is automatically turned off.  The best way to find out for sure is to try it and see what happens.  I believe, based on prior experience with camcorders using external mics, that the internal mic will automatically be turned off.

Thank you for the reply. I had experiened a senior moment when I composed my first question. This morning before I received your reply, I thought of tapping on the top of the camera to see if the internal mic picked it up. It didn't, so I can move forward.

Again thanl you so much

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements