cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livestream Broadcast With R40

Strick9
Apprentice

I am looking at picking up a VIXIA R40. I use a Sony CX260 right now, but I'm thinking of making the switch because a) Canon seems to have a better quality picture b) Using the .mp4 format will save me storage space and import time with iMovie (assuming I can import as .mp4 and not have to change the file type) c) LIVESTREAM FEATURES!!!

I've read through the manual, and I cannot find the specifics regarding livestream broadcasts. Is it possible for me to link the R40 up to an iPhone or MacBook and broadcast the live stream via YouTube, UStream, or Livestream.com? I figure if it's capable of doing the other livestreaming features, then this should be a no brainer. I would very much prefer to use the R40 over a smartphone to stream with because the imaging will be better, I'll have a zoom, battery will last longer, and I can use the mic input on formal kind of events.

2 REPLIES 2

Strick9
Apprentice
Bump bump. Yo yo? Surely someone has tried this?

Tim
Authority

Hello Strick9,

The VIXIA HF R40 is meant to be used as a camcorder and there aren't supported setups for use a streaming camera through mobile setups or broadcasting.  While it may not be impossible for you to setup, it's not something we support directly on through technical support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements