cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line to Mic attenuator for HF R400?

spfttt
Contributor

Hi folks, I want to run the audio (Line Output) from my mixer (Behringer USB1204FX) to the MIC input of my HF R400 video camera. Even after some research I still do not know which attenuator specifactions or products are compatible with my HF R400. Can you advise please? Thanks! Joe

5 REPLIES 5

Mykolas
Authority

Hi spfttt!

Thanks for posting.

The camcorder will normally accept a line input from a self-powered mic or other source through the mic port.  However, we do not test the various pieces of equipment available on the market with our camcorders, so it is difficult to speculate if or how your Behringer USB1204FX will work attached to the camcorder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply, Mike. I understand you can not opine on my mixer. I am only concerned with the HF R400 and attenuation. Let me rephrase my question please: What amount of attenuation does the MIC input of the HF R400 require when connecting to a line output? 10db? 20? 50?

Thank you, Mike.

Hi Spfttt,

This camcorder is not designed to accept a line-level input.

Here are the MIC Terminal specifications:
3.5 mm stereo minijack -57 dBV (with 600 Ohm microphone)/5 kilohms or more

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Intersting user name there,  I use a knockdown box on my Hf R 50 set at -20db and it worked out very well.  You might want to get one with sevel levels of pad.  Start with the hihest level and work down.  Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Announcements