cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to establish connectivity via FireWire 800 port on iMac running Mavericks & my ZR300?

jonrleist
Apprentice

I have an Intel-based iMac running OS X (10.9.1 or Mavericks).  I can't get the iMac to recognize my ZR300 DV camcorder is connected.  I connect the camera to the iMac using a DV connection on the camcorder and a FireWire 800 connection on the iMac.  Is there a driver or some other fix to enable communication between the camcorder and the iMac?

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jonrleist!

Thanks for posting.

Your Mac should at least see the camera.  No additional drivers are required to make the connection.  It is possible the cable you are using has something to do with this.  Have you tried using other FireWire 800 cables?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have verified with Apple that the port on the iMac is functioning.  The cable is brand new, but you never know.  I know the camera DV port still works, because I can use an old iMac (with the swivel flatscreen) and a Firewire 400 to DV cable to get the camera to talk to the old iMac.  So, I guess it could be the cable.  I just don't have anything else with which to check the cable.  I guess I could go buy another cable and try it, but I'm doubtful this is the issue.  Apple told me to contact Canon and they could advise me.  Another Canon response suggested the equivalent of cleaning all the terminals and resetting the camera settings.  I'm going to try that now.

Announcements