cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions on how to edit footage from canon xa10 in final cut pro 7

meaghan
Apprentice

Looking for specific guidelines on  how to edit footage from Canon XA10 camera in FCP 7.  Can anyone offer some suggestions to help me import the Canon XA10 AVCHD to Final Cut Pro or suggest a different editing software program that is more compatible?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

chrisking
Contributor

In generally, the latest version of these Mac applications Final Cut Pro tends to support AVCHD videos, but we have to accept the truth that AVCHD, a highly compressed format is not ideal for editing. More than one problem has been occurred during the importing & editing process like the slow rendering, program crashed, can’t recognize the camera…

To import Canon XA10 MTS to FCP in an effective way, you’re advised to get a MTS Converter for Mac, which can aid you to change AVCHD (*.MTS) files to ProRes for FCP without losing any quality.

I also used Brorsoft MTS Converter for Mac to deal with my videos for FCP. It saves my life. 

Janekong
Enthusiast

First , you can find yourself the free Canon XF plugin to do your job, this was offered by Canon and to help some users like you. But with the update of most relavent apps and editors, this free app may not totally handle your needs. And until now , this app has not been updated for 6 months. Well , I personally use a free mts/m2ts app downloaded from apple store . And it was free and good to use, but I am considering to update to the full version to get the backup support.

Announcements