Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Imagemixer problem

Hello,

i am using already for year Canon camcorders (HF10 and HSF200). Both work fine!

I always used the complimentary ImageMixer software to transfer the m2ts files and to assemble them to a movie.

However, since a few weeks, ImageMixer is not starting anymore. The launcher starts, but when i choose for browsing and authoring, i get an error message (image mixer is not working anymore), after which the program stops.

I have the idea that image mixer stopped working after a Windows 8 update. However, i removed the installed updates, and image mixer still doesn't start anymore.

Any idea what's wrong?

Is there a good alternative for the image mixer software? I tried some trial versions of video sofware, but was never satisfied about the quality of the welds between the individual scenes.

I am looking forward to any suggestions.

Edwin Saanen

Netherlands

Valued Contributor

Re: Imagemixer problem

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the ImageMixer software? 

What video editing software have you tried?  I only ask because I wouldn't want to recommend something you may have already tried. 

You might want to take a look at this page:

http://www.pixela.co.jp/oem/canon/e/support_info/info_win8.html

It does not appear as though ImageMixer 3 SE is supported in Windows 8.

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

We had it working on Windows 8 and 8.1 for more than a year, but after some updates (at least that what we think), it stopped working. I removed the most recent updates of Windows, but i could never get it working again.

And yes, i tried several times uninstalling and installing again.

I am afraid i have to look to other software.

I am looking for not too complex software, which supports m2ts format. I only use it for welding / cutting scenes and sometimes to make a video clip with music. Adding titles would also be fine.

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanks,
Edwin

Valued Contributor

For under $100 (US Dollars) you could consider one of the following: Corel VideoStudio Pro X8 Premiere Elements 13 Sony Movie Studio 13 CyberLink PowerDirector 13 All of the above should be able to handle M2TS files. Many have a trial version available so you can try before you buy and that helps you choose which one works best for you.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions. We will take a look at it.