cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageBrowser EX

stonum
Apprentice

Am I the only one having this problem? My question is about the "ImageBrowser EX" and
"MovieEdit Task" software that came with my HF R300 camcorder.The software works perfectly fine on
my windows XP desktop.But it does not work on my windows 8 laptop.I have the same version from the
same Canon installation cd on both computers and updated the versions to see if that would fix it.I
updated to ImageBrowser EX:1.4.0.5. and MovieEdit Task:4.2.0.5....
updating did not fix the problem.There's only one problem and the problem is this....On my windows 8 laptop,
"MovieEdit Task" adds movies perfectly fine,but it will not add still images,and I'm talking about everyday,simple,
plain old images in ".jpg" or ".bmp" format,images that all my other picture programs will open easily.When I click
"Add Image",and then choose a simple .jpg image from a folder on my desktop,or from anywhere,it says this:"Image is invalid or is of an image type
that is not supported by MovieEdit Task.
This image will not be added to the storyboard".I've spent hours trying different things
like re-naming or re-sizing the images b-4 I try to add them. And I un-installed and re-installed the software...Again,this doesnt happen on my XP desktop,
the software works perfectly fine on my XP desktop, and I'm using the exact same pictures on my XP desktop as
I use on my windows 8 laptop..........Thank you800x606.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Stonum,

For assistance with this, please contact us.  Click here for contact options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

stonum
Apprentice

I took a look at the newest version of windows movie maker on my laptop and discovered they have really made some improvements in the latest version. And it imports images into my video project. So thats my fix for now......I'll use movie maker until I figure out my imagebrowser problem.

I made a funny video(using a totally different program than the ones discussed here) on youtube.It's an animated version of that popular youtube "devil baby" video(which I know some people don't find funny).......But mines just a goofy cartoon.It's kinda funny.........  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdG-ZPpASGo 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements