cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons on LCD

reddace
Apprentice

I have a Canon Vixia HF R400. I would like to know if there is anyway to remove the icons on the LCD screen during recording? In other words a blank recording screen with just the subject on it. Not the home menu, Photo, and other icons. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi reddace!

Thanks for posting about the VIXIA HF R400.

The onscreen displays cannot be removed from the LCD while recording so that only the subject is being displayed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi reddace!

Thanks for posting about the VIXIA HF R400.

The onscreen displays cannot be removed from the LCD while recording so that only the subject is being displayed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yeah I just posted an item as part of a larger post. I just saw this. That's quiet a GUI oversight. Not even to have that option. That's really a poor decision for an industry leader like Canon. If not for the Black Friday sale and price point and otherwise nice cam. It could've been a deal breaker. I wanted to keep to a budget. the Sony CX220 under performed in other areas. So I kept the R400. If you could pass that along to the designers and decision makers. Like I said in the other post, even the toy low-end Samsung lets you turn it off with a button. Thanx. Regards.

P.S. I should add that my Dad who knows nothing about cams asked "Does that show up on the video?" I do like the different options for level and grid lines. When I found that control I was hoping that was going to turn most everything off. Alas it was not. fwiw.
Announcements