Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

I wish to add a directional mic to my canon VIXIA HF R100. Can I add it to the Mic input?

Do I require an antenna with separate battery power or is the mic input adequate to provide power for the mic?

Product Expert

Re: I wish to add a directional mic to my canon VIXIA HF R100. Can I add it to the Mic input?

Hi ComposerEd,

You may connect an external microphone to your VIXIA HF R100.

Microphones should meet the following specifications:  3.5 mm stereo minijack -57 dBV (with 600 Ohm microphone)/5 kilohms or more.  Because this camcorder cannot provide "phantom" power for the microphone, an "active" microphone (requiring external power) must supply its own power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: I wish to add a directional mic to my canon VIXIA HF R100. Can I add it to the Mic input?

buy a   good  quality elect mic one with an internal  battery  ussually a  AA  OR  AAA  battery