cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to add a directional mic to my canon VIXIA HF R100. Can I add it to the Mic input?

ComposerEd
Apprentice

Do I require an antenna with separate battery power or is the mic input adequate to provide power for the mic?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ComposerEd,

You may connect an external microphone to your VIXIA HF R100.

Microphones should meet the following specifications:  3.5 mm stereo minijack -57 dBV (with 600 Ohm microphone)/5 kilohms or more.  Because this camcorder cannot provide "phantom" power for the microphone, an "active" microphone (requiring external power) must supply its own power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ComposerEd,

You may connect an external microphone to your VIXIA HF R100.

Microphones should meet the following specifications:  3.5 mm stereo minijack -57 dBV (with 600 Ohm microphone)/5 kilohms or more.  Because this camcorder cannot provide "phantom" power for the microphone, an "active" microphone (requiring external power) must supply its own power.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

buy a   good  quality elect mic one with an internal  battery  ussually a  AA  OR  AAA  battery

Announcements