Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

I use a Canon VIXIA HFM41 camera with bluetooth WM-V1 mic and receiver. Audio drops in and out.

Trying to figure out why my audio kept dropping in and out while recording a 90 minute presentation this past weekend.

I just recorded 90 mins today in my office of a TV monitor screen and audio - no audio problems. Batteries were fresh and camera was fully charged over the weekend before I had the audio problems. Bluetooth? Could there have been some sort of cellphone interference with the bluetooth audio signal that caused the problem? I was with a group of about 25 people when recording the event - and I was the only person recording video/audio. My camera was about 15-20 feet from the microphone, which was close to the house mic and sound system - but no interference at all with the audio I did capture.

The audio didn't just drop out - it faded out, and would fade back in after several minutes. Video was complete, no interruption or distortion. HELP!