cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with using my Elura 90 compatibility

janishunt-15
Apprentice

I have a Canon Elura 90 mini Dv camera that is not compatibile with my Windows 7.  Do you have any free downloads that will help me download the vidoes I have just made?

2 REPLIES 2

TheDiveO
Contributor

Caveat emptor: don't have DV and Firewire equipment, so please pour some grain of salt on my question...

Would using Firewire a  solution? There seems to be FW support in Win7. Also, there are USB to FW converters ... it seems. Just an idea, maybe you can find out more...

Good luck!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Janishunt-15,

You may want to try using the Windows Live Movie Maker.  It's available from Microsoft's download.live.com.

With regard to compatibility, because your camcorder uses a firewire connection, no drivers are available or required for the transfer (A Firewire to USB adapter will not work).

One thing to check for here is the driver used by the firewire connection on your computer.  If the firewire port is built into the motherboard, you'll want to check with your computer's manufacturer or the manufacturer of the motherboard.

If the firewire connection is via an expansion board, I'd check with the board's manufacturer.  Also, if there's an auxiliary power connection on the board, please ensure that the board is correctly installed and connected, according to manufacturer's instructions.

You'll also want to ensure that the firewire cable is in good condition.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements