cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a VIXIA HF11A with a zoom problem.

kcwilli
Apprentice

My VIXIA HF11A, zooms on its own. Is there a setting that would stop it or is it broken?

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Kcwilli,

There is not a setting in the camera that would cause the zoom to move on its own.  Please ensure that the zoom controls are not being pressed in either directly.  If they are not, yet the zoom continues to move on its own, your VIXIA HF11 will require service.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

If the camera is more than a year old, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead.  The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The unit offered through this program carries a 90 day warranty.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

vb4hire
Apprentice

I had this with the similar HF100.  It is a very common problem if googled.

My personal experience, I got an estimate from Canon and it was too expensive to make sense for me.

I fould a blog post where a user replaced the switch after buying the part for about $20 I think.

There are a lot of small screws,  and several parts have to come out...

The blog post is very good tho.    So I was able to successfully replace the switch and it works great.

I dont have the link handy but try googling it.

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

electriac
Apprentice

Fixed the problem with the reset button in the battery compartment.

Announcements