cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a HF G40. Can i use the outputs on this camera to livestream?

CoachLoll35
Apprentice

With my old camera i i could use the video out jacks on it to connect to my laptop which was connected via fiber to the web. I used xsplit braodcaster as the software & just livestream through youtube. Is this possible with this camera? There is a mini hdmi port & a video out on it. Can these be used? Also there is a micro usb. I have tried the usb but my computer doesn't recognize this. Has anyone tried this? I love the camera but my main use is livestreaming sports & need a camera that can do it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CoachLoll35,

Thank you for posting.

Live streaming isn't available via your camcorder's USB terminal.  While HDMI streaming isn't a supported feature, if you have a computer with an HDMI capture device, you may stream from this terminal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CoachLoll35,

Thank you for posting.

Live streaming isn't available via your camcorder's USB terminal.  While HDMI streaming isn't a supported feature, if you have a computer with an HDMI capture device, you may stream from this terminal.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello,

Which capture card did you eventually settle on. I use this camera with a El Gato HD60.

Wondering if you might have the HD60S for sale.

CoachLoll35
Apprentice
I use a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. I've been using OBS for quite a while. Hasn't been too many issues. Of course since I say that, now it'll fail!@ lol Been alot of learning along the way, but the equipment been working pretty well.
Announcements