cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon ZR85 Camcorder. I would like to use the DV connection on the camera front, to connec

GordonA
Contributor

I have a Canon ZR85 Camcorder.  I would like to use the DV connection on the camera front, to transfer videos to a computer. This worked on my old computer with a IEEE1394 firewire connector.

My new computer just has a  DVI connector.  Is there a cable that will work to connect the small DV connector to a DVI connector ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi GordonA,

A DV to DVI connection won't work.

You'll need a DV (Firewire) (4 pin) connection) to DV connection with the correct connector for your computer.  If your computer lacks a Firewire connection, we recommend checking with your computer's manufacturer for the availability of an expansion port for your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Richard,

It looks like I can get a 1394a port,  or a faster 1394b port (Syba SD-FWB-32B). Will either work with the ZR85 ?

GordonA,

As long as the card you mentioned will work with your computer and you can find a cable to match the port on the card and the camcorder, everything should work together.  We do not test the various cards available on the market with our camcorders, so we cannot guarantee if or how they will work with our camcorders.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements