cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Canon Elura 60. Problem is it zooms in automatically while taking pictures

boosted
Apprentice

My Elura 60 zooms in automatically while taking pictures or reviewing pictures that have already been taken

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi boosted!

Thanks for posting.

Please make sure the Zoom Lever is centered.  If it is not, try moving it back and forth a few times, leaving it at center.  If it continues to zoom on its own, then the camcorder needs repair.

The Elura 60 is no longer in service life, so it is no longer serviced by our Factory Service Centers.  However, you have the option to participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead. 

The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camcorder for a discounted fee.  The original non-functioning camcorder would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online technical support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camcorder at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have an Elura 85 and the same problem.  Did you try giving it a sharp rap or two with the knuckls of your fingers?  It's no good like that anyway.  Woked for me.

DS

Announcements