cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How transfer videos to PC without Pixela?

Ukrop
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

I have Canon HF R700 camcoder. and used Pixela transfer utility to transfer videos.

Recently I got new PCn(old one is gone). Wgen I tried to download utility from Pixela website, I fount out that they discontinued it... 😞

Where can I download it from now? Is there any other way?

Thanks!

Stay safe!

6 REPLIES 6

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

If your computer has a card slot, put your SD card in there to transfer files. If not,  you can get a USB card reader for very little money to plug into your computer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

@IamintheUK wrote:

If your computer has a card slot, put your SD card in there to transfer files. If not,  you can get a USB card reader for very little money to plug into your computer.

Thanks. I can do that but in this method I don't get proper file names... (date-time)

Any recommendations from Canon?

Date and time are not the proper file names. My Canon produces mp4 files numbered thus,  MVI_0003.MP4 as an example.

If you view the files in Windows Finder with List view selected you can see the date and running time. You can also right click on a clip and select Properties.Details View.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

I have a camera that the videos were saved to the flash memory and I don't have the Pixela software to transfer them to PC (Win 10).  Any suggestions?

Hi JLY1975,

Thanks for checking in with us.

Which camera model do you have? The download options vary from one camera to the next. The camera name should be on or near the front of the camera, by the VIXIA emblem perhaps.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetingfs,

All correct.  Memory Cards, including internal flash storage are all treated like removeable media, USB stick or a Mass Storage device.  If your device has a setting such as PTP, enable it.  The media, if readable and not corrupt will be mounted and made accessible.  From the computer's standpoint, there is no difference between a USB stick, memory card or external drive. They are all seen and treated the same.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements