cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer Vixia R72 videos to Windows 10 PC via USB cable?

tjhodges02
Apprentice

When I plug in my camcorder into my Windows 10 PC it refuses to read it. The camera does not show up under "This PC". I unplugged the camera and reinserted it. My computer plays the noise it makes when you plug in a USB, and then immeadiately plays the noise when you take a USB out.

So it's like it reads the camera at first, and then acts like it was taken out even though it is still plugged in. Any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you tried turning the camcorder off before connecting it to the computer and then turning it on once connected to the computer?  Have you checked the camera mode to make sure it is correct before connecting it to the computer?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tjhodges02 wrote:

When I plug in my camcorder into my Windows 10 PC it refuses to read it. The camera does not show up under "This PC". I unplugged the camera and reinserted it. My computer plays the noise it makes when you plug in a USB, and then immeadiately plays the noise when you take a USB out.

So it's like it reads the camera at first, and then acts like it was taken out even though it is still plugged in. Any solutions?

Is this the first time you're trying to get it to work?  How long are you waiting for it to connect?  With Canon's DSLRs, the first time you connect might take a couple of minutes, or so, before it connects.  i think the PC could be downloading drivers, which is why it is a good idea to install the Canon software.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements