cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop auto chapters

onlineart
Apprentice
Hi. I have a HG20 camcorder and record very long video. My problem is the camcorder puts in auto chapters or scenes every 15 mins or so. So if I record say 2 hr of video in one session, I end up getting 8 separate chapters / files.

Is there a way to stop the camcorder doing that? I would rather just have the 1 long file. Can't find anything in the manual at all, of online. Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3

Argie
Contributor

I've been searching online and one forum said that's just the way all camcorders do, and you have to join the files in the software. I'm hoping someone will tell us how to go longer than 15 minutes!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Onlineart,
Your camcorder breaks movies up into multiple files of up to 2GB each. This is normal and is necessary for compatibility with the built-in memory and/or memory card file system.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My XHA1s breaks one 62 minute continuous recording into as many as 38 chapters.  But, they are not each the same length.  There is no obvious break in the recording, it keeps on recording, just too many chapters.  If Canon experts agree that this is the way it is, We have to live with it.

Announcements