cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Live Stream for Vixia HF R82

jodiweitz
Contributor

I want to use my Vixia HF R82 to live stream for places like Facebook and Youtube. I'd also like to use it for Zoom meeting calls instead of my computer's camera (to improve the video quality and also use my USB microphone to improve the quality of the sound.)  I've looked at my manual and searched this forum and am not getting any answers.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello jodiweitz,

The VIXIA H R82 is not set up to be used for live streaming and and none of the software  Canon provides with it would support that function.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello jodiweitz,

The VIXIA H R82 is not set up to be used for live streaming and and none of the software  Canon provides with it would support that function.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Tim. 

I thought I had purchased a live streaming camera.  Do you know of any products that I can use with the HF R82 to make it stream live?  I know that the Elegato Cam Link 4K can be used with the Vixia HF 800, but I'm checking with the company to see if it's compatible with my model.

TSN
Contributor

The camera has a HDMI output......all you need is a Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder. It has a HDMI input and several outputs. Get the output you need. If you are using a Mac, you'll need a thunderbolt cable.

Go to Blackmagicdesign.com to find out more. This device will connect to your computer and camera. Then you can stream on YouTube.

Announcements