cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the serial # on my camcorder?

photobug2
Apprentice

I am trying to reinstall the disk 2/video tools that came with my camcorder. I have the FS20 flash memory. It worked when I first purchased it but now I need to put it on a new computer. Disk 1 installed fine. I was able to add the video to my computer. But I need disk 2 like before so I can edit etc. my video. I get to the part where it needs a serial #. The only number on the bottom of my camcorder does not work. What can I do to get past this step so I can use it on my computer? Need to delete internal memory and memory card soon. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi photobug2!

Thank you for posting!

To clarify things, we need to know if the software is asking for the serial number of the camera or if it is really asking for the Certification Code.  Which one of these is it asking for?  What is the first half of the serial number?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks so much for the reply. I had to find a different solution for the moment as it was time sensitive. But I did just try again and still cannot make it work.

It gets to the page and a box is there that is clearly asking for the camcorder's serial #. The only numbers on the bottom of my camcorder looks like this....

45X*

And they are in a  row like that. Next to the left of them is some strange symbols or whatever you would call them. There are no other numbers anywhere on my camcorder. What is confusing is that I had already used this disk 1 and 2 before when I first bought the camcorder. So I must have used that serial number if that is what it is. I have no other documents, receipts or anything that has it  on. You would assume that it may have to be used over again if someone gets a different computer etc.

I liked the way it would store my video. I did get video on computer thru image mixer/disk 1 but cannot organize or burn until I can use disk 2. I was able to do some things using Windows Movie maker. But if appears that when played back it stops and starts each file as it goes along. I remember when I had used image mixer and burned it did not do that.

So I really would love a solution for this. Love my camcorder. Love my Canon Rebel. Partial to Canon. They have all served me well. But this has caused frustation.If I am able to ever receive a phone call, my cell number is...715-570-2066. Afternoons work best. Thanks! Pam Holbrook

[*Mod note - removed actual serial number to protect privacy. Replaced with dummy numbers.]

Announcements