cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect my Vixia HFs200 to either a PC or a MAC

invictus
Apprentice

Hi,

I have both a Windows PC and a Mac.  I want to be able to edit my movies.  I am trying to find the cable i need to get to connect my camera to the computers. 

It's crazy how difficult Canon makes this.  I won't be buying another Camera from them again, the cabeling should be included or at least described in detail of what you need on the packaging.

If you know the answer to this please respond with a description/name of the cable(s) so i know what the heck I have to buy.  Muchas Gracias

-Steve

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Invictus,

The VIXIA HF S200 connects to both Macs and PCs using a USB cable.  It has a mini USB on one end and a full sized USB connector on the other, which connects to the computer.  This cable was supplied with the VIXIA HF S200 and should have been inside the original box that the camera came in.  It is called the IFC-300PCU USB Cable and it is listed in the documentation of what comes with the camera.

Do you have this cable or did you ever receive this cable with your camera?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements