cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import video from Canon Vixia HR G20 on an iMac running Snow Leopard

Marlaalram
Apprentice

I just bought a Vixia HR G20 and the video browser that came with it is for Windows. I have an older iMac, running Snow Leopard. I have researched extensively on the Internet and have been unable to find out how I can import my video. Can anybody help?

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Marlaalram,

Thank you for posting!

To transfer your movies, I recommend using iMovie.  You may transfer movies using iPhoto.  Both programs are included on your Mac.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for responding. I did actually speak with somebody from Canon yesterday. The problem is my iMac does not have iMovie and I was unable to find a way to download a copy for Snow Leopard. My computer is an older one and Snow Leopard is the latest software that is compatible with it. I have managed to get around it by borrowing an old PC laptop from a friend and capturing on that, then transferring to my iMac with a thumb drive. I found a program that will convert the files to something that a Mac can use. This is a very convoluted way to go about it and I guess I need to update my computer soon. The gentleman from Canon I spoke with yesterday assures me that newer Macs with newer operating systems will recognize the camera and import the files. I have not been able to check this out for myself yet, but I hope he is correct.

Thanks again for your response.

Announcements