cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I hear audio during recording? I have tried ear plugs in the "av out" without success.

MickRoberts82
Apprentice

I need to hear audio as it is being recorded.  I am using another mic - shotgun type with wind deflector plugged into the "mic" jack.  Can the "av" jack be used and how? 

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, MickRoberts82!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am shooting with a Vixia HF R500 camcorder

Hi MickRoberts82,

Thanks for posting.

The Headphones icon must appear on your camcorder's display for you to be able to monitor the sound while you're recording.  Here's how to set up the terminal for your camcorder:

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements