cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hf r700

Philr85
Contributor
So I bought a hf r700 seems nice but the video like shade dances . I hope it's something I can adjust I have the thing set on auto focus
9 REPLIES 9

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Philr85,

What do you mean when you say the shade dances? Can you give an example?

Philr85
Contributor
https://youtu.be/H9gGktzfFyg. Look at while I am talking . The race track footage was shot with my jvc . I don't know how to explain the background image distortion

That blocking has two causes. Your image is dark and you either shot or uploaded at a low bitrate. As YouTube re-encodes videos it will accentuate image artifacts such as these.

Make sure your images are well exposed and shoot at the highest bit rate that your camera is capable of. When you upload do not use a bit rate that is less than that used to shoot the original. You wont eliminate all artifacts but will give your video a fighting chance. To get even better results you can render your HD as UHD and upload that at an even higher bit rate. For instance, I shoot 1080 5p at 35000kbps, render the edit in UHD, and upload at 80000kbps. Uploads may take time but the results on YT are worth it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Philr85
Contributor
The camera was set to the highest setting I just saved the video to recommended for YouTube through the editing program . I will mess with it more tonight I also noticed the viewfinder of the camera is grainy pixelated too

The guide bit rates given for YT tend to be on the low side probably to cater for those that have slow internet upload speeds.

The main thing is to make sure you have enough light to get a decent exposure.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1

Philr85
Contributor
I think the camera is defective. Unless that old JVC is far superior I can record on it in lp seeing lowest resolution and still come out better than the Canon . Wish I could figure how to fix it I like some features on the canon

Philr85, 

We're sorry to hear that you believe there is an issue with the unit.  We recommend sending the unit to Canon for evaluation.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Philr85
Contributor
I got this 2nd hand what kind of costs am I looking at to have the item evaluated

Philr85, 

At this time, we recommend sending the unit in for a free evaluation.  We do not have advanced pricing available for this model.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements