cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with HDMI port not working Vixia HF M30

johnnyps316
Apprentice

I've got a Canon Vixia HF M30 camcorder that I'm trying to stream video through the HDMI port but nothing displays.  I've hooked the HDMI cable to a HDMI TV and to a computer with a HDMI connection and no video displays.  It appears that HDMI port is damaged unless we're not doing something correctly.  The manual seems to indicate that it is plug and play.  Any help would be appreciated!  THANKS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, it turns out that the problem was the HDMI cable.  So far using a 25ft cable will not allow it to work.  At least the ones that I've purchased.  But a shorter cable is now working.  So maybe I need to spend more money on a HDMI cable that's longer.  Thanks! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi johnnyps316!

Most televisions allow you to select between which video input you want to use.  Please make sure it is set to match the HDMI port you have the camcorder connected to.  Try using a different port on the TV as well, if one is available.  Also, try using a different HDMI cable.

If while playing back video, the TV still does not pick up the signal from the HDMI port, your camcorder will need to be serviced.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, it turns out that the problem was the HDMI cable.  So far using a 25ft cable will not allow it to work.  At least the ones that I've purchased.  But a shorter cable is now working.  So maybe I need to spend more money on a HDMI cable that's longer.  Thanks! 

Announcements