Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Help on Recording error Vixia HF r800

Hi, I'd like to know something about a write error. I was using a class 10 SD memory card, 64GB (lots of memory). My camcorder is a Vixia HF r800. I was recording one hour of video right away, but it gives a 40 minute error. What is happening? Is it overheating? Incompatible card? Please Canon, give me some support !!! (translated from Google)

Product Expert

Re: Help on Recording error Vixia HF r800

Hi Gbrportifolio,

Thanks for posting.

I'm not familiar with the error message that you mentioned.  I understand that this may due, in part, to translation page you're using. Are you able to post an image of the error message that you've seen on your camcorder?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Valued Contributor

Re: Help on Recording error Vixia HF r800

Is this an Error 40 (Err 40) message?  If yes, and not sure this applies, try cleaning the battery contacts with a soft cloth.  I have searched for the error message but only found information as it relates to Canon DSLRs.