cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFR 806 Mute Sound

jmachon
Apprentice

I just got this camcorder but I need to stop it from recording any sounds as I record a voiceover seperately.

How can I do this?

Nothing in the manuel about this.

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hello there!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

VideoGeek
Mentor

Have you changed the mic level from automatic to manual?  While I saw no mute function in the manual I did see where you can change the mic level from automatic to manual thus allowing you to adjust or turn the recording level down.  This may not be the ideal solution but may be one worth testing.  Look on pages 232 and 234 of the Instruction Manual.

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

You may find that on many camcorders with an external mic jack, just plugging in an empty, unwired jack will prevent the internal microphones from working.

I had thought of that too but the model the OP is inquiring about does not have an external mic jack.

...And a swing and a miss! Smiley Frustrated Back to turning down the manual volume control. Smiley Tongue

Announcements