cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFG30 - Photo Button GONE?

WorldBuilder
Contributor

Hi all,

Have had my G30 for a few years.  Suits me just fine.  I think my kids must have gotten a hold of it or something because there used to be, on the touch screen in the bottom left corner, a "photo" button.  Of course, if pressed, the camcorder would take a still even while recording.  That button is no longer there and I have NO idea how to get it back.  Help?  What is there now is "Filter 2", and if I press that, I have options for effects such as "Cinema" or "Vivid".

Want my photos back!  Help!

Thanks!

CB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

WorldBuilder,

Thanks for posting.

I regret the delay in answering your inquiry.

It sounds like your camcorder has been set to its "Cinema" mode. Still images cannot be recorded while recording movies, in this mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

WorldBuilder,

Thanks for posting.

I regret the delay in answering your inquiry.

It sounds like your camcorder has been set to its "Cinema" mode. Still images cannot be recorded while recording movies, in this mode.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh, please don't sweat any delay in replying!  Thanks for your help!  I don't have it in front of me right now, but I think it was on "Vivid" or something IIRC.  I recall changing it back to "Standard" (or something like that), but Photo still wasn't there.  Can you let me know the precise steps to do what I might need to do?  Thanks!

Sheesh, I found it.  Switch on the side next to the zoom...  Shows how deeply I use this thing!  LOL!  All set, thanks.

CB

Announcements