cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HFG20 Onscreen Display

wsWade
Apprentice

The onscreen display won't go away. It has in the past.

Using HDMI Cable. Pulled it from my studio. Shot some outdoor video.

Set it up back up in the studio. Now the controls all show up on the screen.

I have pushed the DISP button, to no effect.

I have gone in menu and turned off the On Screen Display, to no effect. (It was already off, so I turned it on and then back off)

I have power cycled it.

I pulled the battery and did a factory reset.

No matter what I do, I can't get the display cleared. It was working properly in the past.

Suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi wsWade,

Do you have [Output Onscreen Displays] set to Off in your system setup menu? The controls (function selection, EV+-, etc.) will still show up on the camera's LCD so you can access those settings, but the HDMI output should be clean.

Yes,

As I mentioned, it was set to off, but was still displaying.

I turned it on and off, but it doesn't have any effect.

Wade

Hello wsWade,

It is unusual for the camcorder to continue to output the onscreen displays when the Output Onscreen Displays setting is set to OFF. In this situation I recommend performing a complete reset on the camcorder (settings and power).

To do this the first thing to do is to disconnect the camcorder from any external devices. Then use a pointed object to press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds. The reset button is located to the left of the Playback button, between the playback button and the hinge of the LCD screen.

After that, remove the battery/disconnect the power adapter, as well as remove any memory cards from the camcorder. Once this is done press and hold down the power button for 10 seconds.

After 10 seconds release the power button, replace the battery and memory cards, and power the camcorder on. Make sure to set the Output Onscreen Displays setting to OFF and test the output again to see if the onscreen displays are still showing up.

If the onscreen displays continue to appear I recommend contacting our Technical Support team via telephone at 1-800-828-4040, M-F 9AM- 9PM EST for further assistance.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements