cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF50 - Turn off data display on HDMI Out?

jcoonrod
Apprentice

When recording, the HDMI out sends the control display, not the actual camera signal - this seems wrong. Is there a way to get HDMI out to just send the clear camera signal, so that it can be used for livestreaming through a capture box, for example?

6 REPLIES 6

VideoGeek
Mentor

You might find this YouTube video useful.

The solution in the youtube video does not apply to the hf50, which lacks the menu item cited in the youtube. So - this is still a mystery. And a really annoying one.

This is for the HF R50.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 2.34.48 PM.png

Look on page 149 of the User Manual under "Display Setup".  There should be an option for turning off "Output Onscreen Displays".

This is for the HF M50 - the option is under System setup (page 193 of the User Guide😞

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 2.44.38 PM.png

It may say that in the manual, but that item does not appear on the M50 system setup menu. Went through it several times, did a system reset, it's not there.

So there is no option under System setup either?  I don't doubt you in the least.  I see where the video wasn't helpful for a HF M50 since it applies to the R50.  Just surpised the manual for the M50 is wrong.  Again, I don't doubt you and wish what I posted would have been helpful.  Hopefully someone will join the conversation and give you a definitive answer.  

Announcements