Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: HF G50 - Video Quality

Correct, the G50 is "jittery" and I did send it back. Just took the G60 out for a spin and it is dead on. A little jitter in 4k but I guess thats over sampling, otherwise a very nice HD video. I shot no IS, Standard and Dynamic IS ....all were very acceptable.

I prefer Dynamic. I will recommend the G60. G50 just a piece of.......

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

From the footage that Casey415 posted on YouTube, looks like autofocus on the HF-G60 is very good too, which is crtical for me - I do a lot of sports videography.

IS should always be turned off when mounting on a tripod.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Another reason I got the G60 camcorder is for the Dual Pixel auto focusing, which I think is the same feature found on many contemporary Canon cameras. I really like the face and eye tracking, works great for self vlogging and having the articulating LCD screen facing towards the lens.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Inapickle, 

You know, I do have some good video from the G50 (that I no longer own) which shows the jittery images I have referenced here. I'm not sure what medium to use for posting it here however.I does not appear cut and paste is supported here...LOL would you be willing to suggest a few things I can do to accomplish this?  I dont have any cloud based servies at this time but if needed I suppose.....Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

If you have a Gmail email account, you can post your video to your own Youtube channel for free. Your Youtube channel is tied to your Gmail email account. Both are free to sign up. As in totally free. Zero cost.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Understood. I do have a Youtube channel. There is just nothing on it LOL. I will work on that and post link here when I have it down. :-)

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you've got a Google account can't you just upload the original clip to Google Drive, share it and post the link so it can be downloaded, like TheG33kman did in the first post ?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Appreciate the feedback. It sounds like I need an upgrade to get a much better picture.

In the meantime, I'm mitigating the issue in post. I'm using the free Resolve 16 with the Neat Video noise reduction plug-in. It does a generally good job on the static parts of the image, and less so on the moving parts. It can't recreate perfect clarity, but it's 80% of the way there with minimal effort.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Denoising in post is always a trade off. Neat Video is good. I prefer to use AVISynth filters that best suit the type of noise present.