cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF G50 Football game recording

Coach_Mac1202
Apprentice

We recently purchased a new camera for filming our football games and we purchased the Vixia HF G50 as another team in our district has it and has stunning sideline film. This past friday was the first time we got to use it and the film quality was no were near what theres is. I don't know anything about cameras or what settings are best for filming sports, so I was hoping that I could get a little help on what settings would be best to get the best video quality out of our new camera. If anyone has any insight into this camera or similar cameras please let me know wha tis best. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is probably not something we can advise on since shooting conditions will vary depending on a field's location and the conditions you are shooting under.

The G50 is a very capable pro-sumer enthusiast grade camcorder. Talk to the other teams owner.  He or she can give you some tips.  Beyond that, you will need to spend some time with the device.  Learning how to use it etc.  It has the capability to do great things, but you stil need to have a general understanding of its function.  Taking it out of the box and turning it on isn't going to be enough. 

Like the game you are filming, it takes some practice.(no pun intended). 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements