cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good solid camcorder for under $600

Hobbywelder
Apprentice
Honestly, I couldn't find a post that answered what I was looking for.

So, first off, a few bits of detail. I am a big guy, my hands and fingers have a problem with small buttons, but weight doesn't bother me, so don't take weight into consideration too much. However, due to my work and where this cam will go, it is bound to be beaten up mildly, so I would like something fairly durable, not some piece of expensive glass that will break when held.

Now my budget is max at $600
I do a lot of welding videos, so I have to be able to have good sound, and a way to attach a shaded lens or helmet to the camera. I also do backpacking and like to take vids, so high quality and good sound is a must, so is a large capacity for HD film, I know I can buy extra 64 gig memory cards.

If there is something that I missed in important detail, then let me know to clarify.

Thanks,
-HW
1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Hobbywelder,

If you're shooting movies of arc welding, we recommend against the use of these camcorders unless you have protective shielding.  The sensors can be damaged by the lighting.

From your description, I'd take a look at the VIXIA HF R400.  This is a fairly simple camcorder capable of using SDXC memory cards.

The VIXIA HF R40 and VIXIA HF R42 add internal memory and wireless connectivity and still remain below the $600.00 threshold you've mentioned.  These camcorders should be in your local camera shops soon, if they're not already there.

You may see these camcorders here.

I hope this is helpful.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements