cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good app to help edit my students’ video to attend the Student Film Festivals

CamillaKira
Apprentice

I am a teacher of a Video Production Class, and my students and I are trying to use Canon XF105 cameras to do some shootings. The output files are MXF , and this is the first time my students working with this caliber camera. We need to do some edits on our raw videos to make some shot movies in order to submit them to student film festivals. I have tried many ways but this MXF files just can’t load in iMovie successfully. So I use this Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac to help me do this hard step, then I can load them into iMovie flawlessly.

4 REPLIES 4

VideoGeek
Mentor

You may want to try Handbrake, which is free, and see if it will convert the MXF file(s) into a format that will work with iMovie.  I read a post on another site and the poster said he had converted a short MXF file using Handbrake.  Handbrake is free but make sure you download it from the official site.  You can try Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac or Pavtube MXF Converter for Mac (both are $29 each).  I haven't used either so I can't attest as to whether or not they will work. 

Well, I have tested bothe Pavtube and Brorsoft, And I must say these two are just the same. But I prefer the Pavtube much. Since the H.265/Hevc output foramt is much better ! 

McFarland
Apprentice

Re: Good apps and tools for video editing customwritingz projects in middle school

Hello,

I'm teaching a class of Video Production in the private middle school in Corpus Christi (currently, we're having our film making club meetings via Zoom). Is anyone here using Filmora, VivaVideo or Magisto Video Editor? What video editing tools for middle schoolers would you recommend? Maybe a good software with an academic license?

Adobe Premiere Elements maybe ? Adobe offers various 'buying programs' options for education - subscription licensing, long and short term agreements and one-time volume purchases.

Announcements