cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX10 clip export

gs399
Apprentice

My new GX10 camcorder will not export clips via the USB cable.  I have a G40 and when I plug in the USB

to my PC, and select media mode I get this (1) message:   "select the memory for connection/"all (for PC only)//card A or

card B:  (2)  when I make the selection the Canon icon comes on my PC and I engage the import utility to get the clips.

On my GX10 when I plug in the USB to my PC, and select media mode all I get is this:

1.  the Canon icon comes on my PC, so I know my computer recognizes the camera.

2.  the screen shows, in green, "USB connection."  That's it. No screen saying select the memory for connection.

I have updated all firmware, my G40 exports OK, the computer recognizes  the camera.  

What am I missing?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

As long as you are showing an active connection which it appears you are, you may access your camcorder's memory cards via the Windows File Explorer. The File Explorer is usually docked near your Windows button along the bottom of the computer screen and it will show you all the drives connected to your PC including memory cards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

As long as you are showing an active connection which it appears you are, you may access your camcorder's memory cards via the Windows File Explorer. The File Explorer is usually docked near your Windows button along the bottom of the computer screen and it will show you all the drives connected to your PC including memory cards.

Greetings,

In addition, if you have several external drives connected, windows may not assign drive letters to the cards which will be detected as (Mass Storage Devices) without some user intervention.

Might be helpful to look in Disk Management to verify.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements