cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G40 Recording Mode Changed

chris319
Contributor

On a G40 I had very carefully set my recording mode to 8 Mbps and double checked it. I took the camera on a shoot and it had changed, without my knowledge, to 17 Mbps. All of the video I shot was at the wrong frame rate: 29.97 instead of 59.94. Now I can't select 8 Mbps because it is ghosted out on the menu.

Why did my data rate change and how do I restore it to 8 Mbps?

I am going to look for non-Canon cameras if Canon cameras are going to play these kinds of tricks on me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chris319
Contributor

Here's what happened: The "mode switch" is dangerously close to the zoom rocker and must have accidentally slipped out of the "M" mode to which I had set it. Putting this switch so close to the zoom rocker was a bad design decision.

I have immobilized the switch in the "M" mode with a couple of drops of silicone glue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

chris319
Contributor

Here's what happened: The "mode switch" is dangerously close to the zoom rocker and must have accidentally slipped out of the "M" mode to which I had set it. Putting this switch so close to the zoom rocker was a bad design decision.

I have immobilized the switch in the "M" mode with a couple of drops of silicone glue.

Announcements