cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G30 - Pause Recording?

WorldBuilder
Contributor

Hi all,

TOTAL n00b to camcorders.  Bought the G30.  My 7 year-old daughter is in gymnastics and as much as I have anjoyed shooting her with my still camera, video seems far better for this arena.

I have NO idea how to use this thing, although just playing around it's totally cool.  Anyway, my simple question (with I'm sure many more to come) is...  Can I "pause" recording?  What I mean is this...

Record a routine.  Pause the G30 somehow.  When her score appears on the board (usually about a minute later), unpause the G30 and that would make the routine and recording of the score one video file.

Possible?  I know I could combine two separate movie files together in software later, but that's too much like work.  LOL!

Is what I want to do possible, and if so how?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi WorldBuilder!

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Canon Forum.

Recording cannot be paused mid-clip and resumed later.  When you press the Start/Stop button, that ends the current clip and you will need to start a new clip.  The two clips will need to be combined later on after you download them.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That answers that, thanks!

Announcements