cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20-30-40 Exposure Control

fevinsetter
Apprentice

OK, I have plenty of experience on the XL1, 1s and XL2 recording school plays and dance recitals.  

I frequently use full manual and adjust shutter and/or iris with each new scene.

I would like to be able to do this with the G series cameras--BUT exposure is locked once recording starts.  I'm aware that there is the + and minus exposure compensation in other modes, but which Canon models support exposure control like the XL series?!?

Thanks, Jim in Florida

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

On the G40 you can change the iris while shooting in the Programmed AE mode, but not in full manual mode. Shutter cannot be changed while shooting in any mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

View solution in original post

fevinsetter
Apprentice
I guess that’s the same for all three models then, thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

On the G40 you can change the iris while shooting in the Programmed AE mode, but not in full manual mode. Shutter cannot be changed while shooting in any mode.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

fevinsetter
Apprentice
I guess that’s the same for all three models then, thanks.
Announcements