Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Flip out LED screen

Hello

Does anyone have any good suggestions for shooting in bright sun? I find the LED screen is not viewable even with backlight enabled. Its like filming blindfolded.

Vixia HF R70

Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: Flip out LED screen

Take a look at Amazon (or other outlets) for LCD screen sunshades and you may find something to help.  I primarily use the viewfinder of my XF400 camcorder but even with it the LCD flip out is needed for control/menu selections and it is a pain to use in bright sunlight if you need to change settings.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M2, 1DX, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip.My Vixia HF R70 does not have a viefinder and I tried some home made devices that did not work to well.

Has anyone tried a device from Amazon and how well does it work?

I seen some that cost maybe 45 dollars or so.  Being on a fixed income and only to find out that it does not work well would be a big disappointment.

I apreciate your feedback.

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

Actually I see one for 12.99 this maybe worth a try. :-)

Thanks Rodger

Valued Contributor

You are welcome and I hope it helps!

I remember buying my first real smartphone many years ago with its full color screen and realizing unlike my old monocrhome Motorola cell the new one was just about invisible in the sunlight.  My current Apple isn't a whole lot better.

If it works for you I will plan on buying one before my daughter's high school soccer season in the Spring.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M2, 1DX, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video