cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Vixia HF-series Camcorder Mic Input Accept Stereo Line-in Audio?

Jonathan40
Apprentice

I am considering purchasing a Vixia (HF R60, 62, 70, 72, 80, 82, etc.) for recording live music performances, and would like to know if the MIC input on the camcorder will accept stereo audio directly from a mixing console. I've noticed the input is 1/8" tip-ring-sleeve, so that makes me hopeful. Anyone try this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jonathan40,

Thank you for posting.

The mic terminals on Canon's VIXIA HF R-series camcorders cannot accept line-in input.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jonathan40,

Thank you for posting.

The mic terminals on Canon's VIXIA HF R-series camcorders cannot accept line-in input.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK - thanks.

Richard of Canon. Is it too much to ask Canon to mention this issue in their manuals? I have spent horus and money from not knowing Canons were not P.I.P powered and now have useless unpowered microphones sitting around. By the sounds of it, other Canon buyers are in the same situation.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements