cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting HF S200 to PC

martinreed
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I have just pourchased a seconbd hand HF S200 and i'm very happy with it but there is a small issue I would like some help with.

When I connect it to my PC [Windows 10], it isn't recognised. I've used the cable with it and anotther of my own and neither work.

Do I need a transfer utility? - I don't have the discs that originally came with it but my laptop doesn't have a CD drive anyway.

I have looked thropugh the Canon sites but can't find somewhere to download it from. Either the link is dead or it askes for a serial number of the camera which it then doesn't recogniose.

So;,

- is there a setting on the camera I have missed?

- is there somewhere I can download the Canon utility from?

- is there another utility I could use.

At the moment I'm just takind the SD cards out and putting them in the laptop but it would be nice to have a direct link.

Appreciate any help with tjhis.

Martin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi martinreed,

Transferring via USB should not need any additional software, but you will need to make sure the camera is in playback mode when connected, since the recording mode will not display any connection. If this does not work then it may be possible that the USB port is unfortunately not functioning.

View solution in original post

Mark,
Thank you very much. I completely missed the playback mode thing - sorry to have troubled you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi martinreed,

Transferring via USB should not need any additional software, but you will need to make sure the camera is in playback mode when connected, since the recording mode will not display any connection. If this does not work then it may be possible that the USB port is unfortunately not functioning.

Mark,
Thank you very much. I completely missed the playback mode thing - sorry to have troubled you.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements