cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Won't recognize Camcorder

donkeykongwins1
Apprentice

So I have a Canon VIXIA HFS21 camcorder and I plugged it in using a USB cable and the computer does not seem to recongize it. I tried using other USB Ports. Restarting the PC and Camera. I have also tried to replug the camera. Any suggestions on what to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

donkeykongwins1, 

Using the software supplied with the camcorder, recordings can be saved to a computer running Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Saving Movies

With the supplied ImageMixer 3 SE software you can save scenes from the built-in memory or from the memory card to your computer.

Install PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.6 included on Disc 1 of the PIXELA Application Discs to your PC beforehand.

Recorded movies can be saved from the [Video File Import] menu of PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.6.

For details, please refer to the Pixela software guide included with the camcorder.

Saving Photos

With the supplied software for photos, ZoomBrowser EX, you can save photos from the built-in memory or from the memory card to your computer.

Install the Photo Applications Ver.34.0 to your PC beforehand.

For details, please see the instruction manual for the camcorder or for Photo Applications Ver.34.0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

donkeykongwins1, 

Using the software supplied with the camcorder, recordings can be saved to a computer running Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Saving Movies

With the supplied ImageMixer 3 SE software you can save scenes from the built-in memory or from the memory card to your computer.

Install PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.6 included on Disc 1 of the PIXELA Application Discs to your PC beforehand.

Recorded movies can be saved from the [Video File Import] menu of PIXELA ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.6.

For details, please refer to the Pixela software guide included with the camcorder.

Saving Photos

With the supplied software for photos, ZoomBrowser EX, you can save photos from the built-in memory or from the memory card to your computer.

Install the Photo Applications Ver.34.0 to your PC beforehand.

For details, please see the instruction manual for the camcorder or for Photo Applications Ver.34.0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

donkeykongwins1
Apprentice
If I wanted to use the device as a webcam what could I do?

Hi there,

To use this camera as a webcam you would need to connect the camera to your computer via HDMI and use capture software that can recognize an external imaging device. Your computer likely already has software that can accomplish this, but the big roadblock most people run into is that most home computers only have HDMI output and not HDMI input. If your HDMI port only transmits a signal and does not receive signal you would also need an HDMI capture card to do this. Once the computer can recognize the HDMI in signal and your software is able to interface with it you should be all set to go!

kamalavenkatesh
Apprentice

Hi, I am not finding a thread for the problem I have and am hoping some one will see my question here.  I have a Canon HG10 that came with the software for my iMac back 14+ years back.  I have since upgraded my iMac and have a 'newer' Mac with IOS Monterey on it. I  have no CD drive AND I can not find the discs of Corel software it came with. My iMac will not recognize the camcorder when I plug it in (USB port).  Please advise.  I hate to 'throw' away my camcorder...TIA.

Announcements